At 888 Poker, tournaments are held daily, so each of the visitors can take part in freezeouts, freerolls, heads-ups, satellites, SNGs, etc. The tournament grid features dozens of poker events that differ in format, type of prize pool formation, and registration principles. In the review, we will look at all the types of competitions that take place in the Eights.
Tournament types at 888 Poker
A lot of newcomers are intimidated by paid tournaments, but in reality, buy-ins range from 0.1$ to 600$. Therefore, even players with very modest capital can afford to participate in the competition.
Multi-table tournaments make up the lion's share of the 888 Poker tournament schedule. The prizes in them are formed from the amount guaranteed by the room and the buy-ins paid by the participants. MTT tournaments start in Eights every hour, but the biggest prize money can be won in Sunday events:
- MEGA DEEP;
- Saturday Challenge;
- BABY WHALE4
- Sunday Breeze;
- Sunday Challenge, etc.
If the weekend is busy then sign up for standard poker events where guarantees run as high as 600-1500$ and buy-ins range from 0.11$ to 215$.
For beginners, STTs are often organized, which are the exact opposite of multi-table tournaments. The event takes place at one table, and the winner is determined literally within 30-60 minutes.
This is the classic tournament that regular visitors enjoy the most. It has a number of features:
- The prize fund goes only to the winner;
- The tournament is going to be eliminated;
- Players cannot buy additional chips;
- Re-entry to the event is prohibited;
- The starting stack is the same for all players;
- At the final table, players compete for the title of champion;
- The game ends when the player wins all of the opponents' pieces.
Single table tournaments
Sit - & - Go - poker events that act as a special satellite or stand-alone event. Single-table competitions have a number of differences from MTT:
- The tournament starts when all the seats at the table are occupied by the players;
- From 2 to 360 poker players take part in the SNG;
- Usually the competition lasts no more than 1 hour;
- The prize pool is formed from the buy-ins of the players (minus the rake).
Depending on the format of the event, the prize pool is divided in different ways:
- On the 1st table - the winner takes the 50% guarantee, 30% goes to the 2nd place, and 20% goes to the 3rd place;
- On 2 tables - 4 finalists can count on payments;
- Multi-table - the number of prizes depends on the number of registered players;
- One-on-one - only the winner will receive a guaranteed prize.
Double or Nothing
This is a special kind of Sit and Go tournament, in which 9-10 poker players participate. It has a number of features:
- The competition ends when the number of participants is halved;
- Players from 1st to 5th place get double the buy-in;
- The remaining players are left with nothing.
The lottery format of the tournament, which takes place in a turbo format, is especially popular with beginners. The guaranteed winnings in BLAST are randomly determined. The prize pool can be up to 10,000 times the starting buy-in. At the same time, only 4 poker players participate in the competition.
Head-to-head tournaments attract the attention of experienced players. The fight ends when one of the participants wins all the opponent's chips. Hands-ups are especially popular in private games. Also in Eights there is another kind of this competition - shut-outs. The blinds grow much faster in them than in other tournaments.
Freerolls are events without a mandatory fee. They are especially popular with beginners who do not want to pay to enter tournaments but want to compete for a guaranteed prize. Inexperienced players love free tournaments for the opportunity to:
- Winning money without material investments:
- Practicing poker strategies;
- Consolidation of the passed theoretical material.
The guarantees in freerolls are small, but participation in them allows players to feel the atmosphere that prevails in the competition.
On the 888 Poker tournaments start every 20-30 minutes, so if you want to increase your bankroll, register in any event you like!